Who is Film Florida?
Film Florida is a not-for–profit association that provides a leadership role in Florida’s film and entertainment industries. In short, our members include a who’s who in the Sunshine State's film and entertainment industry – whether making things happen at a local film commission, representing a labor organization, educating tomorrow's industry leaders, laboring behind the camera, providing equipment or working behind the scenes as the glue that keeps a project together. Film Florida's mission is to offer businesses and individuals the benefits of a statewide trade association to promote the creation of jobs in the film and entertainment production industries and to promote economic development and tourism.
Film Florida meets quarterly to discuss topics and issues of concern to us all, and then moves forward with a plan of action to help achieve our goals. We are very closely connected with the Governor’s Office of Film and Entertainment, helping to craft the film incentives offered by our state.
Our growing membership provides a network, a platform and the chance to play an active part in solidifying Florida’s position as a major production destination.
View the Film Florida's Board of Director's to see a list of who's who in Film Florida.
Check out our Members list for our online membership list.
Why Join Film Florida?
You want to know why Film Florida membership is valuable, and so did we. So we went straight to the source -- we asked our members. Here are the top reasons our members say membership in Film Florida is irreplaceable:
- Members are an active part of shaping the future of Florida’s film industry through Film Florida’s legislative involvement. Instead of sitting on the sidelines, we’re in the game making positive change.
- Members help maintain and build Florida’s infrastructure to strengthen film production in Florida. We want to bring more jobs, and more business into our community.
- Members react to and shape the issues that have an effect on the growth of our infrastructure, for example starting the licensure of hair and make-up artists, deregulation of talent agencies and starting a task force to address the cost of production insurance during hurricane season.
- Members get to market Florida through group involvement by participat-ing in Film Florida sponsored sales missions at tradeshows in New York, Las Vegas, London and at film festivals including SXSW, Sundance and more.
- Members meet new business associates and becoming familiar with members by taking advantage of the many networking opportunities that Film Florida offers.
Visit the Board of Director's Page for a list of more people who can tell you about Film Florida.
Film Florida holds quarterly meetings in rotating markets with exception of the March meeting held during session in Tallahassee. Since 2005, meetings have taken place in Amelia Island, Orlando, Miami, Key West and Tampa. A typical meeting agenda will include a morning of committee meetings, an afternoon of full membership meetings along with evening receptions and luncheons. Meetings often include tours of the host market’s production facilities, tourist attractions or film schools.
Rally in Tally
Each March, Film Florida members descend in Tallahassee for our annual Capitol Blitz. Though some of our members are regulars in Tallahassee throughout the year, the March meeting gives all members an opportunity to walk the halls and meet with lawmakers in an effort to increase awareness about legislature that affects our industry, and to communicate the impact our industry has in our state.
As a result of our successful "Rally in Tally", Film Florida has played an instrumental role in helping increase our states financial incentives and tax credits.